The Madeleine School quick facts
Community Involvement and civic engagement
The Madeleine Parish & School has a long history of service to the community and beyond. Some examples:
- Students and families provide more than 6,000 lunches each year to the homeless through the St. Michaels and St. Stephens Lunch program
- Students and families provide support to social service organizations through our Service Program including: JOIN, Habitat for Humanity, SOLV, St. Vincent de Paul, Catholic Charities Refugee Program, Pennies for the Poor and Blanchet House
- Students, 6th grade and above, perform a minimum of 8 service hours per year volunteering in the community
- 8th grade Capstone Projects give kids the opportunity to research problems in our society, and work for ways to resolve them by performing volunteer service.
- Each year, dozens of volunteers put on The Haitian Project garage sale, which benefits Louverture Cleary School in Haiti. This school offers Haitian children a Catholic education with free room, board and tuition
- One in five of our students benefit from tuition assistance
Excellence in teaching and learning
The Madeleine School is proud of our 104-year tradition of offering academic excellence built on a foundation of faith.
- A Reading Resource Team is available to all students
- After school Math and Student Skills Program for middle school
- Specialized teachers for science, technology & media, art, physical education and health, and music.
- Science and Technology Labs offer students learning environments and technology dedicated to these disciplines
- Licensed counselor on campus provides support to students, teachers and parents
- Daily Spanish elective for grades 6-8, and an after-school Spanish program for grades K-4
A community asset
- The Madeleine Field of Dreams, our artificial-turf field, is open to the community for use. More than 40 youth sports teams use this facility for their team practices each year, and hundreds of families enjoy it on an individual basis
- The Madeleine Community Gym is home to more than 20 youth sports teams each year
- Our Playground for All Players, also available to the community, is designed to be fully accessible, and available to children with mobility challenges
- The Madeleine Parish Hall is available to the community at large for events, meetings, etc.